Welcome to Carrig National School
Carrig National School is a co-educational, catholic primary school which strives to provide a well-ordered, caring, happy and secure atmosphere where the intellectual, spiritual, physical and cultural needs of the pupils are identified and addressed.
Furthermore it has due recognition for all other religions.
“Treat others as you would like them to treat you! “
Mental Health Workshop for parents
Workshop for Parents/Caregivers/Guardians of Post-Primary Pupils on Mental Health Awareness Initiative
This 90-minute presentation is for parents/caregivers/guardians and other adults interested or concerned about young peoples’ mental health.
As a result of this presentation, participants will:
- Gain an understanding of the key issues impacting on the mental health and wellbeing of young people.
- Learn to promote positive mental health in young people.
- Understand how to recognise some of the signs that a young person may be struggling with their mental health.
- Learn the value of listening as a way of supporting young people.
- German lessons begin on 10th April for 6 weeks.
- Swimming lessons start on 12th April every Thursday for 6 weeks.
- French lessons are starting on the 25th of May for 6 weeks.
- Speech and Drama second term continues after Easter.
Birr Community Games Winners 2018 for art and handwriting